Free Checking / Free Online Banking / Free Bill Pay / Free Money Desktop to manage your money in other accounts
Free Mobile Banking / Free Mobile Deposits / Online Loan Applications*
We all lead busy lives and have hectic schedules. Sometimes there are simply not enough hours in a day! Sign up for the convenience, flexibility and security of 24-hour Online Banking.
- Internet Banking
- Mobile Banking when you’re on the go with any smart phone.
- Mobile Deposits using your smartphone
- See all of your account balances in one place even if they are not held at the credit union. Checking, savings, investment, mortgage and consumer loans, credit cards, etc. Track your spending and set up budgets to help manage your finances.
- Bill Pay - Receive and pay ebills, set up bills to pay automatically or manually or pay anyone with an email address.
- eStatements provide additional security by taking your personal financial information out of your postal mailbox.
- Check your Account Balance
- Inquire on Account History
- Transfer Funds Between Accounts
- Wire transfers
- Search Cleared Checks
- Get Cleared Check Listings to Balance Your Account
- Apply for a new loan – available information is prefilled for you already
* Increase the security of your personal information, save a tree and save $3.00 per month! Contact a credit union representative at 860.466.4121 to sign up for e-statements and the $3.00 per month service charge for online banking will be waived.
Whether you're making the biggest purchase of your life, or simply wanting to go on vacation, Groton MEFCU offers Great rates, Quick service and the Convenience of an online loan application. Loans are available for most purposes.
- Recreational Vehicle
- Small Amount Short Term personal loan
- No Fee Home Equity Loans
- Real Estate Loans
We offer the following insurance products that can be financed with the loan
- Credit Life
- Credit Disability
- Regular Share (Savings)
- Share Drafts (Checking)*
- Share Certificates (Certificate of Deposit)
- Club Accounts
Regular Share (Savings)
Your $25.00 member share is kept in your regular share account and is unavailable for use. Dividends are paid quarterly.
Note: Joint account ownership is allowed but you must be the primary account holder of a regular share account to be considered a credit union member. This entitles you to apply for loans and vote at the annual meeting.
Share Draft (Checking)
- Free checks - your first 50 checks is printed for free
- Free Debit MasterCard (debit/ATM card)
A great way to save for holiday expenses, that dream vacation or those pesky taxes. Put a little away each week or sign up for payroll deductions.
- No minimum balance required
- No set deposit amounts
Share Certificates (CDs)
A minimum deposit of $500 is all that is required to earn guaranteed interest rates over a specific period of time, no matter what happens in the financial markets. Whether you’re looking for a guaranteed return over the next few months, or the next few years, GMEFCU is the place to invest.
Funds deposited in all Share, Checking, CDs, and Club accounts are insured by the National Credit Union Administration (NCUA) up to $250,000.
Insurance on Noninterest-Bearing Transaction Accounts ended
Section 343 of the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act of 2010 provided temporary unlimited share/deposit insurance coverage on all noninterest-bearing transaction accounts in federally insured credit unions and banks. Generally, this refers to noninterest-bearing share draft/checking accounts with funds in excess of $250,000. These funds were insured in full by the National Credit Union Administration through December 31, 2012. This temporary unlimited coverage is in addition to, and separate from, the coverage of at least $250,000 available to members under the NCUA’s general share insurance rules.
The term “noninterest-bearing transaction account” includes a traditional share draft account (or demand deposit account) on which the insured credit union pays no interest or dividend. It does not include any transaction account that may earn interest or dividends. For more information about temporary NCUA insurance coverage of transaction accounts, visit www.ncua.gov.
- Cashier’s Checks
- Money Orders
- Direct Deposits
- Payroll Deductions
- Free Notary Public Service
- Telephone Funds Transfer
- Wire transfers